Yoga , panchakarma treatment
What is pancha karma
This five fold purification therapy is a special form of treatment in Ayurveda.These procedures which permanently eliminate the excessive Doshas or biological humors from the body consist of the following:
- Vamana: Herb inducedEmesis
- Virechana: Herb induced Purgetion
- Astapana Basti: Medicated decoction Enema
- Anuvasana Basti: Medicated oil Enema
- Nasya: Nasal intake of medicine
Objective of Pancha karma:
- Health Maintenance
- Treatment of diseases
- Preparation for Rejuvenation therapies.
- Rakta Mokshana or therapeutic blood letting is also included.
What is Poorva karma or Preparatory practices
Oleation (Snehana) and Sudation (Swedana) which are the previous treatments that should be applied before the Panchakarma treatments. There are several types of Snehana and Swedana treatments such as Abyanga (Full body oil massages,Pizichil (Sarvangha dhara), Shiro Dhara, Shiro Basti,Herbal steam bath, Nadi Sweda, Navarakzhi, Talam, Applicaton of herbal pack etc.
Objectives of Poorva karma:
Remove excessive fat from the skin
Makes the skin glossy, soft and strengthens it
Protect the skin from the diseases
As a result of Oil massage health is preserved, disease is prevented and immunity increased